A message from Ian Carlson
COVID-19: Working together to manage the impact on us all
18th March 2020
Ian Carlson See profile
These truly are unprecedented times, with all of us facing challenges and fears the like of which we have never experienced before. Our number one priority is, and always will be, the health and wellbeing of our family, friends, colleagues and clients, particularly the old and vulnerable.
As part of a measured approach to the rapidly changing situation, we want to reassure all of our clients, professional connections, suppliers and the wider business community that we are committed to working closely with you over the coming months to get through this together.
As things have escalated over the last few days, our senior leadership team have been working to protect our staff while minimising any disruption of our service to our clients by implementing our Business Continuity Plan. You should not notice any significant difference in the service we provide in both ongoing matters and new instructions.
We thought you might find it reassuring to be able to read a summary of our work to date:
- We have formed a COVID-19 response team which meets daily to review the latest Government guidelines
- We have put measures in place to support our staff in adapting to their own challenges around this unprecedented situation
- We have already tested our technology infrastructure in anticipation that our entire workforce will need to operate remotely. We would like to reassure our clients that any information and data is secure
- People in the UK are now being urged to take unprecedented steps to curb the spread of the virus and so our marketing events planned for the near future have had to be postponed.
In terms of our ongoing support for our clients:
- Given government recommendations around reducing close contact, we are offering alternatives to face to face meetings through the use of technology. Telephone and video conferencing (for example, Microsoft Teams) will help ensure that we can continue to support our clients through this challenging period
- We recognise that some will require additional support, and therefore we will keep on top of the relevant government updates to enable us to provide guidance around what financial support is available for businesses and how to access it
- We are available to provide insight and expert advice on managing cash flow concerns, workforce advice and how to leverage technology and automation to optimise business operations.
The business landscape is going to be extremely testing for all of us over the next few months. What will be critical is a measured, pragmatic response based on the facts and it’s more important than ever that we work together in order to navigate these uncharted waters. So, whether you are concerned about your family, your business or yourself, please do call upon us if we can help during these uncertain times.
We will continue to monitor the fast-changing situation and update you on a regular basis. In the meantime, please look after yourselves and your loved ones.
Ian Carlson | Managing Director