Press enter to begin your search
Old Mill Updates
Government Coronavirus Interruption Support Finder
The Government has launched an online support finder for businesses during the COVID-19 interruption.
Given the bewildering array of announcements, drip-feed of detail, changes and updates, it’s a welcome development to be able to find everything in one place.
The finder works as a series of questions with ‘yes/no’ and tick-box answers. The questions, and the information you will need to know to answer them are:
27th April 2020
Mark Neath See profile
- UK nation in which your business is based
- Number of employees (more or less than 249)
- Annual turnover (<£85,000, £85,000 to £45 million, £45 million to £500m)
- Are you an employer with a PAYE scheme?
- Are you self-employed?
- Rateable value of your premises (<£51,000, >£51,000 or N/A)
- Business sector (retail hospitality & leisure, nurseries, other)
- Eligibility for Small Business Rate Relief or Rural Rate Relief (on 11 March 2020)
- Are you due to make an Income Tax Self-Assessment Payment-on-Account on 31 July 2020 (unlike the previous questions, this relates to a personal liability not related to your business)
Your responses to the above questions then generates a tailored list of support packages for which your business may be eligible.
For each suggested package, there is a brief description of the measure and eligibility, with a link to take you to the relevant page of GOV.UK for further detail.