Successful businesses can transcend national and international boundaries. As trusted and highly experienced business advisers, the team at Old Mill works closely with UK businesses looking to invest overseas and/or trade internationally, as well as with overseas companies seeking to trade in the UK or set up UK-based subsidiaries.
How we can help
Old Mill’s experienced international tax team supports smaller and medium sized businesses to expand and trade successfully in international markets. Working closely with you, we can ensure that the sometimes daunting international agenda is successfully addressed in a phased and constructive way.
The specialist international trade areas we can advise you on include:
- Specific issues around complex international group ownership structures
- Cross-border trading and associated Value-Added Tax (VAT) implications (identifying the optimum VAT or customs duty treatment of a transaction)
- Corporate Tax issues and regulatory requirements in overseas markets
- The cross-border movement of people (from both the employer and employee perspective)
- Addressing the risks and rewards of international trade
- Considering the structures for international trading
- Establishing appropriate and robust reporting systems and internal controls
- Providing international business assurance services.
To chat to us about your plans, with us or make an appointment with one of our international business advisers at one of our offices in Exeter, Wells, Melksham an Yeovil.